Listing Began: Monday, January 22, 2018
Are you currently working in the animal related industry and wish to further your knowledge base or are you the owner of a pet and want to understand them better or learn how to respond in an emergency situation?
Are you the owner of a veterinary practice and wish to offer your veterinary team in house CPD in animal behaviour at a time to suit you?
Maybe you would like to provide your clients with the opportunity to attend a course in First Aid as a value added benefit?
Perhaps you are thinking of embarking on a career in the animal sector and want to improve your chances of securing a position by having a better educational grounding.
You may however already work in the animal industry and wish to further your knowledge or enhance your business by demonstrating that you and your staff are continuing your professional development.
Whatever your reason for studying, I can accommodate you by presenting short bespoke courses in your workplace or you can contact me to discuss the range of courses already being offered in centres throughout Yorkshire and North East Lincolnshire.
A selection of some of the course currently on offer include:
- First aid for animals (dog, cat, small mammals): This is one of the most popular courses at present as it teaches you how to deal with a life threatening situation whilst waiting for veterinary attention. I believe that every pet owner should have some basic training in animal first aid and this certainly applies to those dealing or caring for animals in a professional capacity.
- Recognising illness and Disease Control in the Kennel/ Cattery/ Grooming Parlour
- So You Want to be a Dog Walker/ Pet Sitter?
- Understanding and Recognising Common Ailments in Small Mammals (Rabbits, rodents etc.) – Suitable for Pet shop owners and employees
- Understanding Dog Behaviour/ Cat Behaviour – various programmes to cater for pet owners through to professionals’ i.e. veterinary nurses, kennel & cattery owners: Another very popular course. As a qualified ABTC Registered Clinical Animal Behaviourist and Full APBC member, I have been taking veterinary referrals for over 8 years. During that time I have had the opportunity to help animals with a range of different behaviour problems. I currently provide continuing professional development (CPD) to veterinary practices and give presentations to members of the British Veterinary Nursing Association (BVNA)
Caroline Clark is a fully qualified member of both the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC) and the Association of Behaviour & Training Council (ABTC). She studied a Post Graduate Diploma in Companion Animal Behaviour Counselling at Southampton University and now works as a clinical animal behaviourist. She has been seeing pets (dogs, cats, rabbits & parrots) with behaviour problems through veterinary referrals for a number of years and has close links with local RSPCA centres, helping them with canine & feline behaviour problems and providing in-house CPD. In addition to this Caroline is a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) with over 25 years in the industry and is a lead clinical coach in a large RCVS approved Veterinary Hospital. She also holds a professional teaching qualification, and has over 20 years’ experience in delivering a wide variety of animal related topics in further & higher education.
To find out more about me click on 'Visit my Web Site' or you can email me on email@example.com
No questions have been posted about this listing.