Classified Listing Info
Exotic Animal Service® is run by Mr. Mark Taylor BVetMed , GP Cert SAS MRCVS from our Bedworth branch. Mark is an experienced veterinary surgeon with over 17 years in the companion animal sector, much of which has been committed to treating sick and injured exotic animals. Mark was a finalist in the Pet Plan Vet of the year 2012.
Mark is happy to offer advice and take referrals from both Feldon and non Feldon clients on a multitude of exotic species including;
- Avian-psittacines, raptors, waterfowl...
- Reptiles-tegus, snakes, lizards, tortoises...
- Amphibians- frogs, newts, salamanders...
- Small Mammals-chinchillas, degus, jirds, Rabbits, rats, ferrets...
- Fish-salt and freshwater...
- Invertebrates-spiders, snails...
Focus on excellence – Mark offers an exceptionally high standard of care to our exotic patients, clients and referring vets and believes that our friendly open approach and clear communication benefits everyone.
Knowledge and expertise – Mark has a proven track record of treating a menagerie of exotic animals over his 17 years as a vet. His additional advanced surgical qualification (GP Cert SAS) demonstrates his exceptional abilities and commitment to veterinary care and continued personal development.
Case management – Mark and the Bedworth team have all the necessary equipment and knowledge to facilitate the service, indeed one of our Bedworth, Registered Veterinary Nurses is currently enrolled on the City & Guilds Certificate in Veterinary Nursing of Exotic Species. The Bedworth branch also boasts an array of specialist housing so as to provide optimum conditions during treatment and recovery.
Regular updates – Mark will supply detailed reports to referring veterinary surgeons by post and email to ensure awareness of the treatment plan and patient progress. He can also provide telephone support to referring vets prior to case referral.
Advanced techniques and equipment – Mark is able to offer a full medical and surgical exotic service form the Bedworth branch- here is just a taste to give you an idea.
- Full comprehensive consultations including
- Post purchase examinations
- Annual physical examinations
- Husbandry and dietary advice
- Behavioural advice e.g. feather plucking
- Microchip implantation
- Laboratory testing including bespoke faecal and blood analysis
- Corrective surgery
- Reproductive surgery and endoscopic examination
- Egg binding (birds and reptiles)
- Rabbit and rodent dentistry
Hassle free referrals - we understand that your vets time is precious which is why we want to make referring cases to us as easy and convenient as possible.
If you think your pet would benefit from seeing Mark and is currently undergoing treatment with another vet- please talk to your vet and ask them to arrange a referral.
Vets wishing to arrange a referral or discuss a case please telephone the Bedworth branch on 02476 312193. Mark will be happy to call back to discuss a case.
- Practice Description
- We treat exotics